In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation and related UK dataprotection legislation, we are committed to protecting confidentiality and security of the information that you provide to us.
This Privacy Notice is designed to help you understand how we collect and process your personal data and information.
We may also collect information about other people from you. This might include, for example, family members who may part own the apartment, accountants, solicitors. If you give us information about another person it is your responsibility to ensure and you must confirm to us in writing that:
1. you have told the individual who we are and how we use personal information as set out in this Privacy Notice;
2. you have provided the individual with a copy of this Privacy Notice; and
3. you have permission from the individual to provide that personal information to us and for us to use it, as set out in this Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions or queries about this Privacy Notice, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Who we are:
Flexhouse Limited (also referred to in this Notice as ‘we’, or ‘our’) is the ‘controller’ and responsible for your personal data.
How to contact us:
For any questions or concerns relating to this Privacy Notice or our data protection practices, or to make a subject access or any other requests regarding the information we hold please contact us at:
address: Flexhouse Limited, 85 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7LT
The data we collect about you:
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, as follows:
- Identity Data - first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data - billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data - bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data - details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data - internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data - your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data - information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data - your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Why we need and how we use your personal information:
We only collect, use and store your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so, e.g. where the disclosure is necessary for the purposes of the prevention and/or detection of crime.
We collect, use and store your personal information to fulfil requests for bookings, products and services as part of our serviced apartments management and lettings business. It may also be used to verify your identity, to administer payments and to enable us to carry out anti-money laundering and other financial crime checks where required. We do not store credit card details nor do we share financial details with any 3rd (third) parties.
The use of your data is essential for us to provide services for your property and to generate bookings and recommendations for you. We may also use it to keep our records up to date, to notify you about changes to our service and to help us develop new products and services.
If you do not provide the information required, we would not be able to provide services for your property and generate recommendations/bookings for you.
Withdrawal of Consent
Where you have provided your specific consent to the use of personal data, you may withdraw consent by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to make a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about how we hold or use your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are dissatisfied with how we deal with your complaint, you may contact the Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.
Information from other sources
We may use legal public sources to contact you if necessary, e.g. electoral role. Such information will only be obtained from reputable sources which operate in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
We may use your information for purposes such as statistical and analytical research which may include computerised processes. Automatic profiling helps us understand, predict and forecast customer preferences and to improve the product and service we provide.
We never share your information outside our organisation for marketing purposes.
You understand however that we may need to disclose some of the information you provide to the relevant other parties for the purposes of general management, e.g. utilities, etc.
Transfer of personal data outside the UK
Certain personal information held on our Information Technology systems may be transferred across geographical borders in accordance with applicable law. For reasons of off-line backup/storage of data, electronic Bank Transfer.
By providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage and processing of your information. These transfers are governed by European Union (EU) standard contractual clauses or equivalent data transfer agreements to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information.
How long will we keep information about you
We will keep your information for as long as it is required to enable us to administer the management of your apartment. In accordance with HMRC rules, this will usually be a minimum of seven years or otherwise determined by law or regulation. Once we decide that we no longer need your information it will be securely and confidentially destroyed.
Your data protection rights
You have certain legal rights under UK data protection law and regulations, summarised as follows:
- The right to be informed about our data processing activities, including through Privacy Notices such as this.
- The right of access to the personal information we hold about you. To request a copy of this information you must make a subject access request in writing to us.
- The right of rectification – you may ask us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete data within one month.
- The right to erasure and to restrict processing – you have the right to have your personal data erased and to prevent processing except where we have a legal obligation to process your personal information. You should bear in mind that by exercising this right you may hinder or prevent our ability to provide our services to you.
- The right to data portability – on your request, we will provide you with your personal data in a structured format.
We would like to keep you updated about our relevant products and services by email.
Nature of personal information
Personal data is any information that may identify a living individual.
We collect personal information such as name, contact details, bank account details.
Children’s Personal Data
You must be over 18 years of age to reserve an apartment with Flexhouse Limited. If children are travelling with you, we will need to know their age but we do not require their personal details and you will never be asked for their information at any stage in the reservation process. We may ask simple questions to help form your requirements, for example, if you require a cot or a high-chair.
Security of Information
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. We take every reasonable measure to ensure your data is secure and only accessed by those requiring it to process your reservation.
When you make a reservation and enter payment details, this information is encrypted. This helps ensure your data is not transferred in a readable format and cannot be unlawfully accessed in transit.
If you are looking for more information on how we process your personal data including on data security, data retention and lawful processing basis, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.